The big day will be here before you know it. Be sure you feel you’re best with these four weight loss tips.
Wedding weight loss is a common concern for brides-to-be, as they wonder how in the world they’re going to fit into the dress of their dreams. Whether you’re a fast-paced executive, laid-back entrepreneur, or a stressed-out grad student, the following wedding weight loss tips could prove quite beneficial for any schedule:
1) Drink Water
I know you’ve heard that drinking at least eight glasses of water can lead to a glowing complexion and improved digestion, but boy…isn’t it hard? Counting the amount of water you drink on a daily basis can become rather tiresome. However, it will pay off in the long run with faded dark circles under your eyes, flushed body fat, and a decreased appetite. In order to meet your recommended quota:
• Keep a bottle of water beside your bed – drink ½ of it before you go to bed and finish the rest as soon as you wake up.
•Carry a bottle of water around with you and sip it throughout the day.
•Before each meal, drink ½ to 1 bottle of water.
2) Take 10-Minute Walks
A daily wedding weight loss tip that gets your metabolism pumping and keeps you active is to take brisk 10-minute walks until you feel comfortable enough to increase the intensity and frequency. Walking definitely gets your heart pumping and helps shed pounds.
3) Eat Smaller Portions
Treat your digestive system to a rest by consuming an assortment of small meals instead of tackling large dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A common wedding weight loss tip is to embrace smaller portions and eat frequent meals throughout the day. Meal servings (including meat, vegetables, and carbohydrates) should be no larger than the palm of your hand.
4) Exercise and Tone Your Body to Match Your Dress
When exercising and toning your body, it is suggested to choose a wedding weight loss workout plan that caters to the type of wedding dress you are wearing. For example, dresses with halter tops and open backs, as well as strapless gowns highlight the upper back. I suggest incorporating a cardio program with exercises that tone muscles, such as deltoids, rhomboids, and lats. When choosing a workout plan to achieve wedding weight loss, consider the following recommendations:
• Tone your pecs and deltoids for gowns without straps and plunging necklines that accentuate the chest.
• Work on your arm and shoulder muscles (biceps, triceps and deltoids) when wearing a strapless gown or one with spaghetti straps and a halter top.
• To achieve wedding weight loss for a short dress, focus on the muscles located in your lower body (quads, calves, hips, and hamstrings).
• Dresses that cling to the body will call attention to the buttocks, thighs, and stomach region. Tone your abs, obliques, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and hip abductors if you have chosen the following dresses: sheath, column, form fitted, hourglass, mermaid and trumpet style.